- When physicians burn out, solutions are elusive. Support groups can't counter the root causes of a crisis modernhealthcare.com/article/201610… 11 months ago
- Cleveland Clinic's Empathy Series Continues -- Patients: Afraid and Vuln... youtu.be/1e1JxPCDme4 via @YouTube #ptexp 1 year ago
- RT @Cthielst: "With training, one can potentiate one's genetic capacity for compassion." - Dr. J Doty pageturnpro.com/Progress-Print… 1 year ago
- In aftermath of mass shootings, doctors can have hard time processing their emotions modernhealthcare.com/article/201606… clinical staff - 2nd victims 1 year ago
- What Can I Say? Tools for family caregivers & volunteers twitter.com/Cthielst/statu… 1 year ago
Author Archives: visionears
We have been working hard on finishing the new video, the third in the series of compassion in the healthcare field. This one is about stress, burnout and how to survive – even flourish in today’s world. Have a look … Continue reading
There are three one-hour sessions in the program, in which you learn to: Incorporate into your lifestyle, strategies and tactics that are known antidotes to burnout. Make distinctions between compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout, and recognize them as occupational … Continue reading
Article by Simon Fox. Love by Czeslaw Miloz Love means to look at yourself The way one looks at distant things For you are only one among many. And whoever sees that way, heals his heart, Without knowing it, from … Continue reading
Why do we care? (NOTE: To read a post, click on the HEADLINES, then post comment or story, if you like. To learn more, read “About”) When we see animals, like elephants, grieving the death of another we call it … Continue reading
Stories, insights and ideas from Raggedy Anns and Andys are published in this category.
In this section we hope to publish stories from patients that have had contact with either Raggedy Anns and Andys, or been touched by caregivers (or volunteers) in a meaningful way.
This is an area intended for the specific challenges (and rewards) of the nursing profession. We welcome stories, questions and good ideas for this extraordinary group of people.